Roads, car parks, bus and taxi services affected by several events scheduled at the new facilities.
Map of the Singapore Sports Hub. Source: www.sportshub.com.sg.
SINGAPORE: With several events scheduled at and around the newly-built Sports Hub on Saturday, June 28, the police advised members of the public heading to the area to take public transport – specifically taking the MRT to either Kallang or Stadium MRT Station.
You can also take bus services 10, 11, 14, 16, 70, 70M and 196, the Sports Hub said on its website.
The police on Friday (June 27) issued an advisory detailing the following changes for Saturday:
- ROAD CONVERSION: Stadium Walk, between Kallang Theatre and Kallang Leisure Park, will be converted into a two-way traffic from 9pm to 11pm on Saturday.
- CAR PARKS AFFECTED: The open-space carparks in front of Kallang Theatre and Kallang Leisure Park will not be available for public parking, while the carparks in Sports Hub will only be accessible to motorists who have purchased pre-sold parking tickets.
- HEAVY TRAFFIC EXPECTED: Traffic flow around the vicinity, including Nicoll Highway and Mountbatten Road, is expected to be heavy throughout the day. The public is advised to be patient and to follow the directions of Auxiliary Police Officers and Traffic Marshals.
- BUS DIVERSION: From 8.30pm on Saturday, bus Service 11 departing from Lorong 1 Geylang terminal will be diverted to skip Stadium Boulevard and Stadium Crescent. Alternative bus services are available along Nicoll Highway and Mountbatten Road.
- TAXI STANDS: To facilitate the dispersal of crowds at the end of the event, taxi services will be diverted to the OCBC Arena Taxi Stand within the Singapore Sports Hub, as well as the temporary taxi stand at the Old Kallang Airport/former People’s Association between 8pm and 10.30pm.
- NO TAXI BOOKINGS: On-call taxis and taxis on private bookings will not be allowed into the Singapore Sports Hub roads during this period.
- ILLEGAL PARKING STRICTLY FORBIDDEN: Parking restrictions along the peripheral roads will be strictly enforced. Vehicles found parking and causing obstruction will be towed away.
Members of public may contact the Sports Hub at 6653 8900 for further enquiries, the police said.
A Community Open House will be taking place at the Sports Hub from 9am to 4pm on Saturday. In the evening, the Singapore Chinese Orchestra is scheduled to perform at the National Stadium, while K-Pop group 2NE1 will be at the nearby Singapore Indoor Stadium.
Going to Sports Hub on Saturday? Take the train, police advise