Thứ Sáu, 25 tháng 7, 2014

Modric: Kroos & James deals prove Real Madrid"s ambition

Luka Modric believes Real Madrid have underlined their ambition with the summer signings of Toni Kroos and James Rodriguez.


The Germany international joined the European champions this month before Colombia star James moved from Monaco in an €80 million (£63m) deal.


Modric has now set his sights on winning more trophies with his team-mates next term to add to their Champions League and Copa del Rey successes from 2013-14, and expects the new signings to play a big role in any future triumphs.


“First, on a personal level, I hope to have a healthy year and avoid injury,” Modric told Marca.


“Last year we had a great season. I hope we can repeat it and do even better [next year]. We have new players on the team – very, very good players.


“Expectations are always high at Real Madrid and I expect the same from the team and myself.


“I saw them [Kroos and Rodriguez] play in the World Cup and, for me, they were two of the best players in the competition.


“They are great players and their arrival shows that Real Madrid has the same ambition.”


The Croatia international joined los Blancos in a €35m (£27m) deal from Tottenham in 2012, and has gone on to become an integral member of the team.


With Modric’s current deal with the Santiago Bernabeu outfit expiring in 2017, the midfielder has revealed that he hopes he will have the chance to extend his stay in the Spanish capital – perhaps until he retires.


“As I said before, when I signed for Madrid, it was a dream for me. Never did it cross my mind that I will leave here or anything,” he said.


“I am very happy here, my family also enjoy the city and the club. It would be wonderful to finish my career here.


“I have this desire [to stay], but this depends on many things. I still have many years ahead. We’ll see what happens. But I want to make clear that I am very happy here, my family is well and I’m enjoying it.”




Modric: Kroos & James deals prove Real Madrid"s ambition

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét