Thứ Bảy, 29 tháng 6, 2013

Tricity drives on monsoon

CHANDIGARH: For many people, monsoon is the time to step out of their homes and explore the country and maybe even the world. No destination seems far for these vacationers. And, with travel agents pitching discounts and offering freebies, the less adventurous too are tempted to make the most of the rainy season.

“We offer various types of monsoon packages for tours to Kashmir and Goa. We are getting an excellent response. This time for the Amarnath yatra, we are offering the services of a helicopter for the return journey,” says Deepak, a travel agent.


Mukesh, another travel agent, says, “The package to Thailand gets cheaper from Rs 30,000 to Rs 23,000. Also, we have many bookings to Mauritius, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Dubai and Macau.”


There are quite a few, especially the youth, who look forward to such offers. Manan Arora, a MA student, is one of them. “All my friends plan a trip in monsoon as the rates of packages go down during monsoon and the scenic beauty in this season is worth seeing. This time we have planned a trip to Kashmir,” he says.


But whether a package deal is available or not, a holiday during this season is a given for some. Param Singh of Sector 36, falls in this category. “I am going to Dubai with my family as we always plan a trip in monsoon. We love to spend the vacations out in this season,” he says. A few do not mind mixing business with pleasure. Abhinandan, a businessman in Sector 28, says, “I have to go to Singapore for my official work, but because of the monsoon vacations, I am taking my family along with me.” There are also the religious types like Ranjana of Sector 20. “I and my brother are going to Amarnath on July 8. I have been going there for last five years in monsoon,” she says.



Tricity drives on monsoon

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét