Chủ Nhật, 16 tháng 6, 2013

What kind of F1 fan are you?


THE FANATIC



YOU ARE a walking encyclopaedia on Formula One. Once the race tickets go on sale, you will be the first to get it.

HAVING followed F1 since he was nine, Glenn Wong, 21, purchased his three-day walkabout pass for this year’s race immediately after the tickets went on sales.



Although his idol Michael Schumacher has since retired, the student’s loyalty to Ferrari remains strong. Getting a ticket to the race is a must, even if it means having to scrimp on meals.



‘The ticket prices are more expensive this year, but I managed to get the early bird discount, though it is actually the same amount I paid last year. Saving up is tough, but I’ll do anything to watch the race ‘live’!’ said Wong.



THE COUCH POTATO



You rather watch the race from the comfort of your home.



WALTER Ong spent three days inside the F1 village last year hunting for the perfect spot to watch the race.



This year, the 25-year-old personal banking associate will be supporting the race from his home.



He said: ‘The humidity and the limited screens deterred me from buying a ticket this year. I’ll be watching the race from the comfort of my home instead; support can come from anywhere.’



THE BUSINESSMAN



You may or may not be an F1 fan but you sure know how to make money out of it.



Jacky Liew, 35, has been an F1 fan since he was a boy, but business took priority over his passion when F1 came to Singapore last year.



He spent five days – Wednesday to raceday on Sunday – manning two booths at Orchard Road where he sold his exquisite range of die-cast model cars.



‘Business is more important! I was busy with my business so I didn’t buy any tickets. I was, however, lucky to watch the race at a friend’s room on the 30th floor in Swissotel The Stamford. I will want to attend the race in future, but for now I’ll concentrate on earning the cash for a good ticket!’



THE HIGH-ROLLER



Price is not a problem, as long as the whole experience is well worth the money spent.



WITH free flow of premium wines and champagne, gourmet food and exclusive souvenirs to take home, Sherman Ng, 26, lived the high life when he spent three days at the Sky Suite on Turn 2 last year.



For a pair of tickets worth about $14,000, the management associate experienced nothing less than first-class service.



‘It was my first time at an F1 race and I was seated just in front of Turn 2,’ Ng said.



‘I really enjoyed standing on the rooftop viewing gallery with a glass of champagne in my hand. Unfortunately this year I’ll be out-stationed, so I’ll be giving the race a miss.’



THE INSIDER



You have been there, done that, but you will still watch the race.



HE RACED on the Marina Bay street circuit even before the F1 drivers did.



Greg Teo, 33, was one of the local drivers who took part in the Porsche Carrera Cup Asia 2008 – a supporting race for the Singapore Grand Prix.



This year, the director of Citispa will be racing in the Aston Martin Asia Cup, but he will be watching the race from Swissotel The Stamford.



He said: ‘I already have VIP access as a driver, so I’d rather spend the money on a hotel room where I can get live action from the balcony and keep up with the race on TV from the comfort of the room.’



THE CONVERT



You grow to love the sport because it is related to your job.



KAREN Chan, assistant manager of marketing communications for Fairmont Singapore and Swissotel The Stamford, Singapore, had to read up on the sport she previously had no knowledge of when she knew that some of the teams would be staying at the hotel last year.



‘Working at such a prominent location with up to 80 per cent view of the F1 track, it is impossible not to get involved with the sport,’ she said. ‘I developed an interest in F1 because of my job and it grew deeper when I met some of the drivers in person.



‘The hotel was an adrenaline-charged pit stop with lots of activities, including parties at New Asia!’



Erwin Chua, 29, is another convert.



If it wasn’t for work, he would not have been interested in the Singapore GP.



However, the owner of local beverage caterer PartiesOnWheels got into the hype when he was engaged to provide the showgirls for the Amber Lounge party. His company also provided beverages for some of the private parties.



He said: ‘I never thought of watching the race and would have stayed away from the area if not for my friend who passed me a pair of complimentary tickets. The experience was a good eye-opener.’



THE ONLOOKER



You will find a way to watch the race, as long as you don’t have to spend a cent.



NEVER a big fan of motor racing, executive Koh Kai Kiang, 25, walked around the outskirts of the circuit last year looking for the best spot to catch glimpses of the race.



‘The tickets are out of my budget, so I won’t be getting any. I’ll probably go to Marina Square again and be contented with hearing cars zoom past,’ said the motorbike fan.










 






What kind of F1 fan are you?

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét